Here you will find the BC Rehab Individual Grant Application and the associated program guidelines. This application is intended for individual funding requests from persons with physical disabilities.
Next Application Deadline
- Thursday, November 10th, 2022 deadline with a December 16th decision.
- Friday, February 17th, 2023 deadline with a March 18h decision.
- Friday, May 12th, 2023 deadline with a June 17th decision.
- Friday, August 25th, 2023 deadline with a September 23rd decision.
- Friday, November 10th, 2023 deadline with a December 16th decision.
(All dates are subject to change)
Please review updated eligibility as of January 1st, 2023
Awards are considered by a combination of factors. Approved applications typically demonstrate a severe need, an inability to acquire the needed equipment through other means and applications address each of the following areas:
- financial need of the applicant
- type of disability
- how the equipment request will improve the applicants quality of life and increase personal independence
- if the applicant has explored other avenues of funding
- two or more quotes (from different vendors) for the equipment being applied for
- how long the equipment will meet the client’s need
- We do not fund additional equipment you already have acquired, unless it’s a back-up wheelchair
- letter of support and/or assessment from a health care practitioner such as a occupational therapist or physiotherapist
- Please note – If you do not submit a full application including three quotes (two new and one used), a copy of your latest NOA, and an assessment from an OT or PT your application will be moved to the next round.
Our mandate is inclusive to these physical disabilities:
A range of requests are considered by our review committee. We receive applications requesting equipment such as manual and power wheelchairs, hospital beds and mattresses, wheelchairs ramps, lifts and repairs, and funding for recreation therapy programs, and the list goes on. Our allocation committee meets 3-4 time a year to review applications and determine funding. If you are applying for a child under the age of 18, we ask you to please exhaust all children`s charities before applying to BC Rehab. BC Rehab no longer accepts doctor’s note and only accepts Occupational Therapist assessments.
As a way of fulfilling as many requests as possible, our organization imposes maximum amounts on certain types of equipment. All equipment and corresponding funding limits are listed below.
- Back-up wheelchair – $2500
- Scooters – $1000
- Lift chairs – $1000
- BC Rehab has received a significant increase in orthotics requests from Ministry funded clients. We are aware that the Ministry will fund medically necessary orthotics, in full, for those applicants who qualify, and many vendors work within the Ministry contract to meet the needs of the clients. As a result, BC Rehab’s policy is to not cover the difference in orthotics for Ministry funded clients. We will continue to review and consider those applicants who do not qualify under the Ministry with proper justification from a Physiotherapist.
Apply by Mail (printable)
Application for an Individual Grant
Please mail your application to:
BC Rehab Foundation
4255 Laurel Street
Attention: Trynka Gogal, Client Services & Administrative Coordinator or e-mail your application to: email@example.com
What do we fund?
Our organization funds a range of new and used equipment and will consider even the most obscure devices if they will assist an individual in their quality of life and personal mobility. Examples of the most frequently funded equipment include:
- Power wheelchairs
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Driver’s rehab lessons
- Custom orthotics
- Specialized wheelchair seating systems
- Portable lift system
- Recreation therapy opportunities
- Assistive technology devices (e.g. Dragon speaking software)
In addition to fully filling out the BC Rehab Individual Grant application form, it is also required that you include a letter of assessment and two quotes for requested equipment. The letter of assessment must come from a health care practitioner who you work with; for example, occupational therapist, social workers, doctor or physiotherapist. BC Rehab requires two quotes from separate equipment vendors. The quote must outline all costs associated with the requested equipment. When possible, we will also request that you obtain and submit vendor quotes for demo models or lightly used equipment that will meet your need as this equipment is often less expensive and allows us to help even more people.
All applications must include a copy of your latest TAX ASSESSMENT and homeowner must include a copy of their latest PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT
Completeness of Application
Only complete applications will be considered by the BC Rehab Allocation Committee. Please ensure that ALL aspects of the application are filled in and that all support documentation (e.g. quotes and letters of support) are uploaded with your application. **ALL applicants living with their parents must include a separate financial disclosure form on parent’s behalf.**
We only consider complete applications so please ensure that you have filled out each component of the application to the fullest extent possible. Also downloadable on our website are the Individual Grant Program Guidelines. Please read over the guidelines before filling out an applications. If you have any questions about the application please feel free to contact our Client Services and Administrative Coordinator, Trynka Gogal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Process
Go to the link below to access the application. Read over the application questions and guidelines. If you have any questions about the eligibility of your project please contact Trynka Gogal, Client Services and Administrative Coordinator, at the BC Rehab office.
The entire review process after the deadline will take up to four weeks.
BC Rehab Foundation
4255 Laurel Street